- Construction is a risky activity and insurance is a fundamental requirement. UIB’s Construction specialists offer a complete “risk solutions” service including CAR/EAR, programmes and performance bonds. UIB is one of the leading brokers in the field of construction and engineering... Read more »
- The world’s changing environment increases the complexity of products and services. Our clients thus require cutting-edge expertise to create cost-efficient insurance solutions within Liability, Director & Officers, Crime and Professional Indemnity. Our unique Liability Risk Analysis model is the key.... Read more »
- Over the past six years UIB has aggressively targeted aviation business and is now ranked among the top five brokers in the class. The team at UIB employs over 30 dedicated experts with high level, firsthand experience in aviation insurance... Read more »
- Directors and officers are working in an extremely difficult environment. The risks of being a director are now greater than ever. Defending directors and officers carries substantial cost, and increasingly high penalties can be personally incurred. The protection afforded by D&O... Read more »
- Ever since the Group’s formation in 1987, UIB has focused on energy and natural resources as a core area of expertise. Knowing that technology and expertise drive the industry, UIB has recruited the most experienced specialists available to excel in... Read more »
- UIB offers clients an effective and integrated marine service to the service of our marine clients. Extensive experience has been built up over the years and UIB responded to the competitiveness of this market by putting together a team with an... Read more »
- International trade presents special challenges which differ from those of the general business risk. Political Risk and Trade Credit Insurance offers coverages which transfer the unforeseen risks of trade or operations in modern economies as well as emerging markets and... Read more »
- UIB Nordic’s team has an unmatched experience and knowledge base within risk management and insurance for Mining & Natural Resources. Our aim is to be the first choice for mining and natural resources companies of any size and jurisdiction, for... Read more »
Credit & Political Risk
International trade presents special challenges which differ from those of the general business risk. Political Risk and Trade Credit Insurance offers coverages which transfer the unforeseen risks of trade or operations in modern economies as well as emerging markets and developing parts of the world.
The financial loss resulting from the non-payment of your largest custoemr, frustration of a foreign trade contract, or interference in a foreign investment or local subsidiary as a result of either direct government action or political, economic or social instability can provide significant hazards for international trade.
A professionally structured Political Risk or Trade Credit Insurance programme can support international business ventures by covering a comprehensive range of risks including:
- Large exposure against a single or a few buyers
- Trade Finance and Lenders Interest, Contract Frustration, and Export Credit
- Expropriation of overseas investments, Physical Damage of assets due to war, terrorism or similar perils
- Kidnap and Ransom.
Today’s turbulent but global market place creates trading conditions where Political Risk and Trade Credit Insurance is an essential financial risk transfer tool which both facilitates lending and supports corporate balance sheets. Our clients emanate from a wide variety of industries including Telecommunications, Mining, Aerospace, Financial institutions, Commodity Trading,
Pharmaceuticals, Construction and Oil & Gas to name but a few.